As the oldest institution of higher education in Oklahoma, Seminary Hall is a historically significant building constructed in 1889. Built initially as the Cherokee Nation Female Seminary, the building was purchased by the state of Oklahoma in 1909 and became Northeastern State University (NSU).
The Cherokee Nation, NSU, and Narrate Design, in collaboration with technical preservation consultant Walter Sedovic Architects, partnered to restore the beautiful, aging building.
Beginning in 2017, this project took place over the course of three phases. On May 11, 2023, NSU celebrated the completion of Seminary Hall’s restoration with a ribbon cutting.